Last Chance to Apply for the Legacy Student Scholarship Opportunity: Deadline is April 30
Legacy is seeking applications from students for its annual Scholarship for Outreach and Health Communications to Reduce Tobacco Use Priority Populations. Interested students must submit their applications by the end of April.
- The scholarships are named for Legacy founding board member, Dr. Alma S. Adams.
- Two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to allow students to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
- Awards will be based upon (1.) a record of commitment to community service on behalf of an underserved community, preferably related to tobacco prevention and/or control and (2.) the best use of the visual arts, media, creative writing or other creative endeavor to convey culturally appropriate health messages aimed at raising awareness of tobacco’s harmful impact.
- Details: Download the application: www.legacyforhealth.org/adamsscholarship.org
- For more information: email@example.com
Grants Available to Support School Breakfast and Physical Activity
Does your school need a boost to increase participation in breakfast? Do you need funding to support adding more minutes of physical activity for your students? Action for Healthy Kids is pleased to partner with CSX Transportation, Kellogg Company, and the Walmart Foundation to offer grants for the 2013-2014 school year to support such initiatives. Awards will be given to over 400 schools ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Applications are due April 19, 2013.
Tips for Applying:
- Find out if your school is eligible for these opportunities.
- Attend our upcoming Webinar to learn more (archived sessions will be posted): Wednesday, April 10, 2013; 4:00-5:00pm Eastern; REGISTER NOW!
- Check out FAQ.
- Determine if your school is a good fit for the Universal Alternative Breakfast Grant.
- Download the paper application to begin the process.
- Once the paper application is complete, proceed to our online portal to submit your proposal.
Please see the following funding Purpose, as quoted below, as well as the link to the call for applications. Online proposals submission deadline is May 23, 2013:
“The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Roadmaps to Health Prize is awarded annually to honor outstanding community efforts and partnerships that are helping people live healthier lives. Winning communities will each receive a $25,000 cash prize and have their success stories celebrated and shared broadly with the goal of raising awareness and inspiring locally-driven change across the country.”
Click HERE for the link to the call for applications