Oregon Public Health Institute seeks an Executive Director
As our long-term executive director retires, we are committed to building on our successes to move towards our vision of a healthy Oregon. OPHI seeks an experienced leader with a passion for improving the quality of life for all Oregonians. In a public health environment that is both exciting and challenging, OPHI is a place where a dynamic leader can build on our 12-year track record to have a substantial impact. We employ a staff of 11 and operate with an annual budget of approximately $900,000. As our long-term executive director retires, we are committed to building on our successes to move towards our vision of a healthy Oregon.
Our next executive director will be:
- A visionary and a champion with a deep understanding of how community health is impacted by multiple social, environmental and political conditions
- An advocate for health equity and inclusive participation in policy and systems change
- A change agent committed to partnering with a dynamic professional staff and a committed board of directors
- A creative systems thinker and a collaborator—willing and able to join forces with public, private and nonprofit sector organizations that must work together for a healthy Oregon
- A strong manager of people and resources
- A proven fund-raiser
How to Apply
Please submit (1) a letter that reflects how your previous experience and passion for OPHI’s mission qualify you to become our next Executive Director and (2) a complete chronological resume. Send as a PDF or Word document to: email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line. Screening of applicant materials will begin April 30, 2013 with hiring anticipated July 1, 2013.