Register now for the 2014 Place Matters Conference!
Wednesday, November 19 – Friday, November 21, 2014
Place: Hilton Portland, 921 SW Sixth Ave, Portland, OR 97204
Registration Fee*: $50; $25 students and seniors
Check out these exciting conference features:
- 30+ speakers and 20+ topics to motivate, inspire and challenge you;
- Innovative partnerships creating healthy environments and communities;
- Wednesday morning pre-conference session (Oregon Self-Management Forum:
Riding the Wave of Health System Transformation);
- Yoga or Nia opportunities to start your day off right; and
- Speakers and participants from community and state organizations.
Take action now: Get registered**; View the full and printable agendas for conference opportunities at http://beattygroup.cvent.com/d/v4qfmp;
- Sign-up/engage in social media – before, during, & after the conference;
- Share this registration invitation with your colleagues & partners; and
- Become a 2014 Place Matters sponsor to show your support.
6th Annual Latino Health Equity Conference
Call for Abstracts: Latino Health Equity Conference
The conference, taking place June 18, 2015 at Portland State University, provides a forum to focus on individual and community pathways to health equity through research, programs and policies. The interactive annual conference serves an important role in bridging the gap between health research/practice and Latinos to develop strategies for health equity. Abstract Proposal Deadline: October 15, 2014. Special Interest Topics for This Year: Developmental Determinants of Health and Disease, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Palliative Care for All Ages, Culturally Specific Elder Care.
- Latinos and Healthcare Reform
- Policies for Community Health
- Traditional Health Workers/Patient Navigators/Community Health Workers
- Culturally Relevant Health Promotion
- Cultural Competence in Care
- Patient-Centered Models for Care/Medical Home
- Culturally Relevant Integration of Behavioral Health and Primary Care Services
- Best practices for Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
- Maternal and Child Health
Grantees – Please consult with your liaison regarding questions about the appropriateness of attending any training or conference using TPEP or Healthy Communities funds. This list of training opportunities is provided as a resource for grantees and partners but is not an endorsement of any training or conference hosted by an external organization