This website is moderated by the Oregon Public Health Division — Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention Section, and is designed to provide program grantees, contractors, and community partners with the latest national news and resources around obesity prevention and tobacco control.
Information on this site is sorted into four categories:
- Physical Activity, Nutrition, & Obesity. This section also includes childhood obesity, school and worksite wellness policies, breastfeeding, and chronic disease self-management programs.
- Tobacco Prevention & Education. This section includes smokefree policies, research and cessation programs.
Training Opportunities. This section will include information related to webinars, conferences, and seminars.
- Funding Opportunities. Information about local, state and federal funding opportunities will be posted to this section.
Updates will be posted on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month.
Reference herein to any specific products, process, service, or organization by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or preference by the Public Health Division or the State of Oregon. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect the attitudes and opinions of the Division or the State. Communications made through social media will in no way constitute a legal or official notice to the state of Oregon or its agencies, or any official or employee of the state of Oregon for any purpose.
Comments containing any of the following forms of information may not be approved for posting, or may be removed from the site. Only comments that comply with this standard will receive approval by state agency staff for posting.
- Comments not topically related to the particular content
- Profane language or tone
- Harassing language or tone
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates an ownership interest of any other party
- Promotion or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition unless specifically authorized by the agency director